When our eyes are in trouble, life can become extremely difficult, affecting both work and home. Simple tasks such as taking the dog for a walk or pushing a child in a swing become almost impossible. Others, such as enjoying a favorite book or driving are often out of the question. Here at Classic Vision Care, we truly want our patients to live the best lives that they can, and eye pain can often stand in the way of doing what you love.
You may be experiencing discomfort in these areas:
dry and tired eyes
These issues are often symptoms of Computer Vision Syndrome, also known as “computer eyes.”
More than likely, your job requires time spent in front of a computer, and often it may mean for many hours. In addition to that, most of us go home to spend even more time in front of a screen. Computer-related eye problems have become widespread: according to a recent survey done by The Vision Council, 65 percent of American adults reported having symptoms of digital eye strain.
Here are some simple steps you can take to help minimize its impact:
- Just keep blinking. This natural instinct washes your eyes in therapeutic tears.
- The right light. Good lighting is healthy for your eyes. You can create healthy lighting by directing your desk lamp onto your desk. Similarly, you should ensure that window light comes to you from the side, using window blinds, and get a glare screen. Make sure that your computer is positioned to reduce reflection from windows or lights overhead.
- Monitor monitoring. Your monitor needs to be at least 20 inches from your eyes, with just the right brightness and contrast.
- Computer glasses. Your eye doctor can prescribe a pair of glasses that will be just right for computer use.
- Moving workstations. You should make the necessary adjustments to your workspace by moving everything around. We know you might like things the way they are, but guarding your eyesight is important, too!
The symptoms of computer vision syndrome can sneak up on you, growing gradually worse over time. This is why it is so crucial for you to monitor your eye health closely and do what you can to take the best care of your eyes as possible! If you are experiencing some of the symptoms of computer vision syndrome and would like to speak to one of our professionals, schedule an appointment today! We’d love to help you take the necessary steps to best care for your vision.
If you are suffering from Computer Vision Symptom, or you think you might be, have a comprehensive eye exam done by our doctors here at Classic Vision Care. We care about you and your eyes, and we are dedicated to ensuring that your quality of life is not affected by eye issues. During your eye exam, we will also check for other issues, such as high cholesterol or blood pressure, diabetes, glaucoma, and macular degeneration, all of which could be affecting your vision and overall health.